Hey(:
My whole body's in freaking pain.
Aftermath from PE.
But strange as it may sound, the pain is kinda addictive.
Actually that was what mr toh, bio teacher from my alma mater (he thought us this word btw (=) used to tell us. muscle fatigue is actually addictive. lol.
Today me and dian attended this deklamasi sajak competiton at NUS.
It's actually a competition on poem recital between schools. Participating schools include: BPGHS, SA, TKGS, Cedar Girls, Yusoff Ishak, Regent and Yishun sec.
I was quite impressed actually.
Never thought that Malay poem recitals could be this interesting..
Its not those traditional, full of jiwang recitals.
Its more upbeat, personalised, yet the sajak is still there.
There were different interpretations on how the sajak(or poem in Malay) can be brought forward. Some danced, others fused the poem recital thing with drama.
So, there was a blend of many influences everywhere.
I came out of the LT feeling very much refreshed.
The competition had a theme, which was: Sekecil Zarah(smaller than a dot)
So, different perspectives on the theme were brought forward and overall, it was quite an enriching experience.
Currently reading this book called The Color Purple by Alice Walker.
Its a wonderful book. Tells about this black American woman suffering from social and gender prejudice and learns to stand up for herself.
I think I might be doing about social prejudices on the colored race and the journey of Malcolm X for PW. The topic we're supposed to be doing is either on 1) Journeys or 2) Modernisation.
We're supposed to do a short presentation on Monday to share our preliminary idea draft. I haven't start on anything yet.
Well, hope the coming week will be okay.
Amalina
Mar 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment